Deco Mesh Olympic Wreath
February 20, 2014
As I mentioned the other day in my post, Crochet and Knitting Olympic Style, I have been on an Olympic craft spree lately. This past weekend I created this really fun wreath from a wire wreath frame and deco mesh that I bought at Hobby Lobby. This is the easiest project and can be made in less than an hour.
To make a wreath like this you will need:
- 16 inch wire wreath frame
- 1 roll 21 inch wide deco mesh
- 1roll 5 1/2 inch wide deco mesh
- 1 roll wire edge ribbon
- pipe cleaners to match your deco mesh
- Wrap 21 inch deco mesh around frame using pipe cleaners to secure every 5 or 6 inches leaving the mesh kind of full to hide the pipe cleaners. When you make it all the way around to the place where you started overlap the beginning a little and secure to the back the end – you will have to cut the deco mesh
- Use the 5 1/2 inch wide deco mesh in between the previous wider layers – this layer I just secured at the beginning and end with pipe cleanrers
- Make a bow with your wire edge ribbon – (I am not the greatest bow maker so I am not going to tell you how to make your bow). Secure bow to wreath using a pipe cleaner or some type of floral wire
That’s it – All Done! Super EASY! I really like how it turned out and I have had it up all week to show my Olympic spirit. I will also be able to use it for other holidays like Memorial Day and 4th of July. I have quite a bit of the deco mesh left so I figure I can use it to make another wreath or decorate my patio out back for the holidays I just mentioned.
I am thinking this deco mesh would also make a fun St. Patricks Day wreath.
I hope you enjoyed this short tutorial on how to make this fun wreath. Please follow me via bloglovin, email or RSS to receive future updates on other craft and sewing projects. The icons are in the sidebar.
Have a great day!