Green Goddess Smoothie
November 7, 2013
This smoothie is a creation I developed with ingredients that are good for you and good for your skin, too. I have been trying to make one in the afternoons several days a week and drinking them as a pick me up energy drink – that I know is loaded with fresh ingredients and healthy vitamins. It is super quick and easy to make, too.
Here is the recipe:
- handful of spinach
- 1/2 c. frozen chopped mango & pineapple blend (I got mine at Sam’s)
- 1 or 2 pieces of crystallized dried ginger (I got this from Sprouts)
- 1/2 to 3/4 c. filtered water
Blend all of the above ingredients until it is smooth – 1 to 2 minutes. I use my Nutribullet with the smaller size blending cup to make this. It blends up really well in there.
Some info in the ingredients in this green drink:
- Spinach – vital for looking and feeling young and fit, keeps your skin healthy, has B-vitamins, vitamin C, carotenoids, calcium, fiber, lipoic acid, magnesium and zinc
- Mango – high in beta-carotene needed for healthy, clear, skin and overall immunity, protects the brain from memory loss, contains vitamin C, vitamin E and fiber
- Pineapple – contains vitamin C to defend against premature aging, also contains enzymes that have antioxidants and help produce energy, rich in bromelain to help reduce inflammation
- Ginger – also good for inflammation in the body due to joint problems, protects your digestive system from premature aging, regulates blood sugar and boosts circulation
Green smoothies are a great way to get extra healthy nutrients into your body each day. I will admit it takes a little getting use to drinking them. They usually taste better than they look, in my opinion. I have tried some that I do not like at all but this one has a very pleasant taste to me, with the ginger in it, and I always feel very healthy and energized after drinking one.
I would love to hear about your experience with trying green smoothies – or any good smoothie recipes you have to share. You can let me know by leaving a reply.
Have a great day!
Beets – Health Benefits and Recipes
September 18, 2013
I have recently discovered the amazing health benefits of beets. Beets are full of nutrients that help us look younger and feel our best. They contain the antioxidant betacyanin as well as iron, maganese, potassium, silica, and fiber.
Here are some of the benefits of eating beets:
-purify the blood
-boost the livers natural defenses
-lower cholesterol levels
-regenerate immune cells
-help maintain healthy bones, hair, nails and skin
The other thing I like about eating beets is the variety of ways you can use them. I have added them raw to a smoothie or roasted them in the oven and eaten them warm with my meal as a side dish. I also like to use the roasted beets cold or at room temperature on a salad. Below are some of the recipes I have made up and used with beets. Give one or all of these a try. The smoothie recipe is very refreshing and gives you energy!
I hope you enjoy these recipes. Let me know by leaving a reply some of your favorite beet recipes.
Have a great day!
Linking up with: