This week was another hectic holiday week and it went by so fast! I even thought that Thursday was Wednesday – my kids had to correct me.
This past week I went back to a full six day a week workout schedule. I wasn’t liking the four day a week schedule as I mentioned last week. I actually intended to only workout five days this past week but I got my new Cathe Friedrich Ripped With Hiit in the mail on Tuesday and had to do one of those to try out the new dvd’s so I threw an extra workout in.
- Sunday – off
- Monday – Shiva Rea AM Energy yoga – 25 min.
- Tuesday – Exhale Core Fusion – Pilates Plus – 20 min.
- Wednesday –
offCathe Ripped With Hiit, Low Impact Hiit WO 1 – 28 min.
- Thursday – Shiva Rea Daily Energy yoga – 20 min.
- Friday – Exhale Core Fusion – Pilates Plus – 20 min.
- Saturday – Shiva Rea More Daily Energy yoga – 25 min.
So, this past week was actually going to be my yoga-pilates week but I did squeeze in one cardio, low impact, workout in the middle. I think the yoga and pilates are perfect for keeping me calm and more grounded during this busy holiday time. Also, doing just the 20 to 25 minutes a day is very manageable for a busy schedule – as we all seem to be from Thanksgiving to New Years day.
The above photos are me and my exercise cat doing the Exhale Core Fusion Pilates Plus – love these workout dvd’s. They really tone your body and target specific areas. The above photos are of some of the Upper Body Core segment that is 10 minutes long. I then also added in the Flat Back-Round Back Core segment to make it 20 minutes total.
The yoga dvd’s I chose this week were all Shiva Rea, but different ones. The above photos are from the Daily Energy dvd – I forgot to write down which sequence it was but it had a lot of backbends and side waist bends. No cat around on this day – he was being lazy.
Weekly Fitness Tip: Make a point to find at least 20 minutes a day five days a week to exercise
– doing some type of physical activity is better than none at all – even if it is only 15 to 20 minutes – (like a walk or some yoga)
– exercising will give your day a positive start if done first thing in the morning
– regular exercise helps you deal with stress better
– exercise is not a destination – it is a journey that needs to be part of a healthy lifestyle in order to see the benefits
I hope everyone is having a good month so far. I know it is challenging to keep up with exercise as well as eat healthy but with some effort it is possible – I know if I make a plan with my eating and workouts I am more likely to stick to it.
Have a good week!