Working Out Week 47 of 2014
This past week I decided to cut back to four workout days per week instead of five like I have been doing. This time of year is so busy with the holidays I decided that I need try out a different schedule and see if I can accomplish some extra things on non workout days.
Also, this past week my computer died – the mother board and processor totally quit and I had to get a new laptop and I am still learning it and reloading my programs on it. What a week it has been! I was upset for a couple of days about my computer dying but thankfully my husband is a computer expert and helped me get a new one and get all my data off of the old one – at least it wasn’t totally lost or I would have been even more upset.
Workouts this past week:
- Monday- Cathe – Low Impact Circuit Total Body Sculpt premix – 47 min.
- Tuesday – off
- Wednesday – Cathe – To the Max – Less Impact premix – 39 min.
- Thursday – off
- Friday – Cathe – Cross Fire – Circuit Blast premix- 36 min.
- Saturday – Shiva Rea Surf Yoga Soul – 25 min.
The Low Impact Circuit workout is a combination of cardio and weights but I did the premix that was just the weights and total body workout. There are lots of great exercises to really challenge your muscles on this dvd. As you can see the cat was around – see his ears and little head in the bottom of the one photo?
The Cathe Cross Fire workout I did on Friday was a fun circuit workout that has cardio and weights. Lots of sweat after this 36 minute session. As you can see the cat sat in the same spot for most of the workout watching me.
The yoga workout I did today, Saturday, was the Shiva Rea Surf Yoga Soul dvd – the first dvd I ever bought of hers years ago. I did three segments of this workout – the Mandala Namaskar, Flexibility Flow and Shavasana. I love doing yoga on Saturday mornings- I think I have mentioned that before. It is a great way to begin the weekend.
Weekly Fitness Tip – Use portion control when eating holiday meals
– Use a smaller plate so you are less likely to overeat
– Remember to eat more vegetables and fruits – especially green vegetables and go easy on the potatoes, stuffing and breads
– Eat foods without gravy or heavy sauces or have a very small portion of them
– If cooking the meal yourself try using lower fat options in some recipes to cut back on the fat and calories – for example use 1 or 2 percent milk instead of whole milk
– Do not go back for second helpings
– Don’t skip dessert but make sure it is only 1 piece of pie and not 2 or 3 – also, skip the whipped cream or use a small amount
I hope everyone had a great week and that you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving next week. Also, don’t forget to get some workouts in – especially the day after Thanksgiving day – even if it is just a good long walk – keep moving and you will stay fit.
Have a great weekend!