This is my new favorite crock pot cookbook. The book is Fix It And Forget It New Cookbook by Phyllis Good. I actually have had it for a couple of months now and use it at least twice a week or more. The first week I had it I think I used every day for about nine or ten days in a row. There are some great recipes in this “new” version of the book.
I really like the lay out of this book and that there are color photos throughout the book of most all of the recipes. The previous versions of the Fix It And Forget It books did not have photos, as I recall. I do not own any of those I have only checked them out from the local library in the past.
There are some great guidelines in the book for slow cooking and how size of your cooker matters for different recipes. This influenced me to go and buy another crock pot as the one I had was a huge 7 quart one. I went and bought a 3.5 quart crock pot and this one also has a built in timer that turns off and switches to warm when the timer goes off so your food is not overcooked. This is also nice for cooking side dishes or desserts, which there are lots of great recipes for in this book.
So far I have tried these recipes and my family (1 husband and 3 teenage sons) have loved them all:
- Asian Chicken Breasts
- Wild Rice with Chicken
- King Turkey – I have made this three times
- Keilbasa and Cheese Pasta Sauce – I have made this twice
- Baked Ziti – I have made this three times and it is very good!
- Green Chili Rice (kids didn’t want to try this but it was really yummy!)
- Hearty Beef Barley Soup
- Exotic Sweet Potatoes – these are awesome!
- Colorful Rice Pilaf
- Party Walnut Broccoli – kids don’t like this but my husband & I do
- Moist Stuffing
- Fast and Fabulous Brussels Sprouts – I have made these three times
- Cranberry Almond Bread – I have made this twice
- Baked Oatmeal – I have made this twice – it is so good!
- Zesty Bean Dip – I have made this twice
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding with Streusel Topping – I have made this three times-very good!
- Apple Cranberry Crisp
- Apple Coconut Pudding
- Slow Cooker Basic Beans
As you can see I have tried quite a few of the recipes and still have many pages marked of other recipes I want to try. I really like how there are lots of great recipes for breads, grains, desserts, and sides in this book. Sometimes I use both of my crock pots at once and do the main course-meat in the larger crock pot and a side dish in the smaller one.
The photo above is of the Cranberry Almond Bread that you make in the crock pot. It is really simple to make and tastes so good. My husband even liked it and he does not normally eat things made with fresh cranberries.
I have not taken any photos of the other recipes because my family eats everything before I remember to get out my camera and take a picture. If you get the book though you can see photos of all the recipes in there.
I also have lots of slow cooker recipes pinned on pinterest that I have tried if you want to check out other recipes on there.
Have a great day!