Vanilla Chai Iced Tea Recipe
June 17, 2013
A sweet vanilla chai tea to cool you off on a hot summer day. I made this tea following this recipe below:
- Bring 4 c. water to a boil
- Place 10 tea bags in boiling water, turn off heat
- Steep tea 10-15 minutes then remove tea bags
- Place 3 c. ice cubes in 2 quart pitcher
- Stir in 1/4 to 1/2 c. sugar into hot tea mixture and mix well, until sugar dissolves (I used 1/4 c. in mine as I wanted it only slightly sweet – chai latte is generally very sweet)
- Pour hot tea and sugar mixture over ice cubes in pitcher
- Stir in 1 c. Vanilla Soymilk
- Enjoy tea over a glass of ice
I have made this tea several times in the last couple of weeks and my kids really like it. It does not last long in our refrigerator. I have made it using the decaf Tazo Chai tea or using the Bigelow Spiced Chai. I tried it using the Bigelow Vanilla Spiced Chai but we did not care for that as much. I am now mainly making it using the decaf since the kids like to drink it. I hope you enjoy the recipe.
Thanks for posting this! I haven’t tried this yet, but 10 tea bags seems a bit excessive. I also have Twining Thai tea, which is a bit more stronger in general. I guess I’ll have to experiment.