Essential Oils from Young Living
January 9, 2015
Essential oils seem to be everywhere lately. I first learned about essential oils over ten years ago. I was learning how to make my own cleaning products and found that essential oils are used in many of the cleaning recipes in some books I purchased back in early 2000. I still have and use the books and they are still available today.
Recently I have learned about Young Living essential oils. I kept finding information about them on pinterest and I also read about them in my fitness group on facebook from someone who was using Thieves oil for illness with her kids. Then, I remembered that a friend of mine was selling them so I contacted her to learn more and how to get them.
After talking to my friend I learned that Young Living is a company that only sells the oils to “members”. You can buy at a “retail” level but you pay more money. To get a better price you have to join and be considered a “distributor” to get the wholesale price. Also, when you join at the distributor level you are required to buy a kit for your first purchase.
Well, after learning those facts I was kind of apprehensive about “joining” their company and being part of something I may or may not like. I talked to my friend some more and she assured me I would love the oils, since I already knew so much about essential oils, and that the Young Living oils were very high quality. She also told me there was not a catch to joining that if I bought a kit and decided I didn’t want anything else ever again I would not be obligated to order monthly or ever again for that matter. The only way you are obligated to maintain a monthly order is if you join their ER – Essential Rewards – program that is optional on your part.
So, I did more research on Young Living – found even more great info on pinterest and decided back in November to join and ordered the Everyday Oils kit that also comes with a diffuser and a few samples. The oils that come in that kit are the 5ml bottles and I have already used most of them up in the past six weeks.
I am in love with these oils and use at least two or more daily for the past six weeks. I like the fact that so many of their oils are therapeutic grade and can be ingested. The essential oils I have used in the past could only be used topically or in my cleaning recipes. I also notice the Young Living oils smell much stronger and have a lot more staying power – the scent does not fade off quickly. The Young Living oils have also helped me and my family with some recent health issues. I think that when used properly essential oils can offer some alternative therapy for many common ailments.
In addition to making my own cleaning products, which I have done for years – I am now making my own face and body care with these oils. Some of the things I have made are recipes I have found and tried from pinterest and others are a combination I have created using books I have and my own personal preferences. I am trying to be more chemical free and use less toxic ingredients on my skin. I am now making and using my own face wash, face toner, moisturizer, body butter and deodorant. I will be sharing my recipes and more info on these in future posts on my blog.
If you are interested in joining Young Living you can click on the highlighted text to take you to the sign up page on the Young Living site. You can also message me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info if you have any questions.
Have a great day!
Working Out Week 52 of 2014
December 27, 2014
This was the final week of 2014. I cannot believe another year has gone by already! Time seems to go faster and faster the older I get. For this last week of the year my workouts were mainly my new Cathe Ripped With Hiit workouts and then yoga at the end of the week.
- Sunday 12-21 – off
- Monday 12-22 – RWH Circuit Upper Body premix 4 timesaver – 34 min.
- Tuesday 12-23 – RWH Circuit Lower Body premix 2 scrambled express – 32 min.
- Wednesday 12-24 – RWH Low Impact Hiit One + Abs Two – 41 min.
- Thursday 12-25 Christmas Day – off
- Friday 12-26 – RWH Circuit Upper Body – 46 min.
- Saturday 12-27 – Yoga – Light Up sequence from Yoga Journal magazine – 20 min.
I think I have done all nine of the workout dvd’s on the Ripped With Hiit series now. Some of them were the shorter premixes since this was a busy time of year and I just didn’t have the time to do a full 45 or 50 minute workout every day. I will say I truly love this new series from Cathe Friedrich. The workouts are fun and challenging and you will sweat a lot and feel like you got a great workout in – even if you only do a 30 minute premix version. I like how some of the dvd’s are cardio based, some are cardio with weights and then there are a few that are just weight training. All of the dvd’s offer the two ab workouts so you can always add that at the end of your workout.
The above photos are some of the Hiit Circuit Lower Body dvd. This one is a combination of cardio and weights and uses the step for a lot of the exercises. The cardio exercises are done in between weight exercises and your arms also get in a workout since some of them use heavier weights. I really like this workout.
The middle of the week I did Low Impact Hiit One plus Abs two. This workout is all pretty much body weight exercises and uses some dixie cups for some lunges. For part of the workout you use your mat as a workout prop to jump around, over or straddle for various exercises that are fun and get your heart rate up. There was a ton of sweat after this workout. As you can see my faithful workout cat was present for most of these exercises – sitting on the corner of the rug. The rest of the workout he sat under the Christmas tree after finding his present under there – he sat right on the present.
The Ripped With Hiit Circuit Upper Body dvd is another fun and challenging total body workout. I used this dvd twice this week – the first time I did a shorter premix version but I did the entire workout on Friday. This workout focuses on upper body strength training with the weights but there are cardio exercises in between the weights and those are total body exercises. This is another workout I really like and will be using a lot.
I chose to end this week with yoga. I was planning to do the Lower Body Circuit again but decided some yoga would be better for my early Saturday morning. I love (I think I have mentioned this before) doing yoga on Saturday mornings.
Weekly Fitness Tip: Try doing some workouts at home before joining an expensive gym
– This is the time of year when people decide they are going to get fit and join a gym – personally I have never belonged to one and probably never will. I choose to workout at home on my own time and with my own schedule – I have been doing this for about 10+ years now. Once you develop a schedule (meaning write down your weekly workout plans and stick to them) it becomes a habit and you will soon make it part of your day. Also, you won’t have to worry about driving anywhere and won’t have that excuse as the reason you can’t workout -no time to drive to the gym.
– For the amount of money you are going to spend on a gym membership contract for a year you can buy some weights and bands to use at home. You could also invest in a good workout program and still have money left to buy the weights for what you would spend on a membership. Beachbody offers great workout programs – a few of which I own and have completed in the past couple of years. Also, Cathe Friedrich dvd’s are awesome – a lot of her older dvd’s (which are still good and I still use) are probably on sale right now, too. They may seem expensive at first but when you calculate the cost of the gym, gas money and your time for going there they are a bargain. The highlighted text are links to the site – I am not affiliated with either of them just wanted to share where to get the information I mentioned.
– Look into some of the fitness websites and YouTube channels like PopSugar Fitness that offer lots of free workout videos and some are only 15 to 20 minutes for those who are short on time.
– There are lots of ways to get in some exercise without joining a gym – check into some of them before signing that membership contract.
I mentioned last week in the fitness tips to think about some goals for the upcoming year. Well, for one of my goals I have decided to focus on some other topics for my blog this coming year. I will still be working out regularly but I will probably only do a monthly update and not a weekly one. I will be trying to focus a little more on my crochet, knitting and sewing for the year 2015 – which are things I truly love to do – there will be projects and I will also share some free patterns and tutorials.
I hope everyone has had a great year. Mine was filled with blogging, cleaning, cooking, crocheting, exercising, knitting, sewing; also keeping our home managed and raising our kids. I am looking forward to a great year for 2015!
Take care and Happy New Year!
Working Out Week 51 of 2014
December 20, 2014
The closer it gets to Christmas the faster each week seems to go by for me. I completed my first week of Ripped With Hiit this past week – my new Cathe Friedrich series that I received last week. Hiit stand for high intensity interval training and I LOVE it!
- Sunday – off
- Monday – Lift It Hiit It Legs premix 1 All Strength – 29 min.
- Tuesday – Low Impact Hiit Two + Bonus Abs Two – 40 min.
- Wednesday – Lift It Hiit It Back, Bis and Shoulders premix 5 – 29 min.
- Thursday – off
- Friday – Plyo Hiit One + Bonus Abs One – 37 min.
- Saturday – Lift It Hiit It Chest, Tris and Shoulders – 28 min.
The Low Impact Hiit workout was a good one to start with at the beginning of the week. Even though it was low impact it was still challenging and I did a lot of sweating. My faithful workout cat was there throughout most of this one.
The Hiit weight workouts in this series are definitely a challenge and within a week of doing a couple of these and increasing my weights a little I am seeing some positive changes. There are a lot of different weights to use as well as a barbell for this heavy training. The workouts I did this past week that were the Lift It part were actually shorter premixes. There were a couple of days this past week I just couldn’t get myself to commit to the entire 45 or 50 minutes of the workout – that is what I love about most all Cathe workouts – there are lots of premixes and you can always do a shorter, or even a longer, version.
The Plyo Hiit workout was definitely a super high intensity cardio workout that had me sweating a ton. Above are a couple of photos – one of the one handed burpees and the other is some of the abdominal exercises that are done standing and with an 8 pound dumbbell. Can you see my other cat peeking through the one photo? – she doesn’t usually come around too much when I am working out but this day she decided to come by and lay on the rug for a bit and watch me.
My overall view of this new workout series is that I LOVE IT! It is just what I need this time of year to keep me motivated to workout. A lot of the exercises are new and innovative and that is one of the things I love about Cathe’s workouts – she is always finding new moves to incorporate into her routines so you don’t get bored.
Weekly Fitness Tip: Decide on what your goals will be for the upcoming New Year
– think about what you want to accomplish in the upcoming year with your health and fitness and write out some of those goals – having something written down that you can refer to helps keep you accountable
– make sure your goals are realistic and not too far out of reach – start small especially if you are new to exercising regularly, but start somewhere – the first step is getting a plan and sticking to it
– realize that results take time and dedication and that there will be times when you feel like nothing is happening fast enough – remember that positive changes will happen if you follow a healthy and active lifestyle everyday, not just for a month or two – and don’t get discouraged if you fall off the fitness plan for a day or two – just get back on it rather than totally quitting just because you missed a few days
I hope as we approach the final weeks of 2014 you will look back and see all you have accomplished. I know that this year for me has been a great year for working out consistently and for taking other areas of my health into a more positive direction.
Have a great weekend!
Working Out Week 50 of 2014
December 14, 2014
This week was another hectic holiday week and it went by so fast! I even thought that Thursday was Wednesday – my kids had to correct me.
This past week I went back to a full six day a week workout schedule. I wasn’t liking the four day a week schedule as I mentioned last week. I actually intended to only workout five days this past week but I got my new Cathe Friedrich Ripped With Hiit in the mail on Tuesday and had to do one of those to try out the new dvd’s so I threw an extra workout in.
- Sunday – off
- Monday – Shiva Rea AM Energy yoga – 25 min.
- Tuesday – Exhale Core Fusion – Pilates Plus – 20 min.
- Wednesday –
offCathe Ripped With Hiit, Low Impact Hiit WO 1 – 28 min.
- Thursday – Shiva Rea Daily Energy yoga – 20 min.
- Friday – Exhale Core Fusion – Pilates Plus – 20 min.
- Saturday – Shiva Rea More Daily Energy yoga – 25 min.
So, this past week was actually going to be my yoga-pilates week but I did squeeze in one cardio, low impact, workout in the middle. I think the yoga and pilates are perfect for keeping me calm and more grounded during this busy holiday time. Also, doing just the 20 to 25 minutes a day is very manageable for a busy schedule – as we all seem to be from Thanksgiving to New Years day.
The above photos are me and my exercise cat doing the Exhale Core Fusion Pilates Plus – love these workout dvd’s. They really tone your body and target specific areas. The above photos are of some of the Upper Body Core segment that is 10 minutes long. I then also added in the Flat Back-Round Back Core segment to make it 20 minutes total.
The yoga dvd’s I chose this week were all Shiva Rea, but different ones. The above photos are from the Daily Energy dvd – I forgot to write down which sequence it was but it had a lot of backbends and side waist bends. No cat around on this day – he was being lazy.
Weekly Fitness Tip: Make a point to find at least 20 minutes a day five days a week to exercise
– doing some type of physical activity is better than none at all – even if it is only 15 to 20 minutes – (like a walk or some yoga)
– exercising will give your day a positive start if done first thing in the morning
– regular exercise helps you deal with stress better
– exercise is not a destination – it is a journey that needs to be part of a healthy lifestyle in order to see the benefits
I hope everyone is having a good month so far. I know it is challenging to keep up with exercise as well as eat healthy but with some effort it is possible – I know if I make a plan with my eating and workouts I am more likely to stick to it.
Have a good week!
Working Out Week 49 of 2014
December 6, 2014
Well, another week has flown by. After being out of town last week I felt like half of this week was spent doing laundry, grocery shopping and cooking for our family. My workouts this week were:
- Sunday – off
- Monday – Cathe X-10, Hi Lo & Fat Burning premix – 42 min.
- Tuesday – off
- Wednesday – Cathe Lean Legs and Abs timesaver 1 – 37 min.
- Thursday – off
- Friday – Cathe – Party Rocking Step disc 1, timesaver 2 – 31 min.
- Saturday – Cathe X-10, Low Impact – 25 min.
I am still getting used to this 4 day a week schedule. I am so used to working out at least 5 or 6 days per week that on Tuesday and Thursday mornings I feel like something is off or missing since I am not working out. I have been doing a little light stretching or yoga on those mornings but not a full workout. I thought that cutting back on workouts would help me get more done during this holiday time but so far it is not helping – so I may go back to 5 or 6 days a week. I think I have made exercise such a part of my daily routine that it is hard for me to stop – I guess there are worse things to be addicted to.
The above photo is of the cat on Monday morning – waiting for me to workout by my weights. I guess he really missed me last week since I wasn’t at home to workout with him all week. I can almost always count on him to keep me company for at least half of my workouts.
The above photos are of the X-10 workout on Monday morning. This is a great cardio and weight dvd. There are lots of premixes on this dvd and you can do shorter or longer versions of the various workouts. This is one of my favorite Cathe dvd’s.
Lean Legs and Abs is another great workout. As you can see it is also cat approved – he was on me like glue that whole morning. The ab work on this dvd is a combination of traditional ab exercises mixed in with some using an 8 pound dumbbell.
I tried a new recipe this past week for dinner one night. I got looking through my pinterest boards and decided to make this Firecracker Chicken. The recipe is from another blog called Kitchen Meets Girl and if you click on the highlighted recipe title it will take you to it. I reduced the brown sugar to half a cup instead of one cup and it was just fine. I just thought that was too much sugar for my taste and my diet. My whole family loved the recipe – I will be making it again and it was really very easy – another bonus.
Weekly Fitness Tip: Take Time for Yourself and Time to De-Stress During the Holidays
– Take time to do a few things for yourself each week – even if it is just something little like taking a relaxing bath
– Take a break from social media – sometimes looking at what everyone is doing or has done makes you feel overwhelmed and like you are not keeping up – if that is the case avoid going on those social sites that drag you down. It will be there the next day or week for you to look at when you want to
– Remember to get enough rest
– Drink lots of water – staying hydrated helps you avoid fatigue and headaches
I hope everyone had a great week. Today I am going to help my husband get our outdoor Christmas decor up, thankfully it is a nice day for it.
Working Out Week 47 of 2014
November 22, 2014
This past week I decided to cut back to four workout days per week instead of five like I have been doing. This time of year is so busy with the holidays I decided that I need try out a different schedule and see if I can accomplish some extra things on non workout days.
Also, this past week my computer died – the mother board and processor totally quit and I had to get a new laptop and I am still learning it and reloading my programs on it. What a week it has been! I was upset for a couple of days about my computer dying but thankfully my husband is a computer expert and helped me get a new one and get all my data off of the old one – at least it wasn’t totally lost or I would have been even more upset.
Workouts this past week:
- Monday- Cathe – Low Impact Circuit Total Body Sculpt premix – 47 min.
- Tuesday – off
- Wednesday – Cathe – To the Max – Less Impact premix – 39 min.
- Thursday – off
- Friday – Cathe – Cross Fire – Circuit Blast premix- 36 min.
- Saturday – Shiva Rea Surf Yoga Soul – 25 min.
The Low Impact Circuit workout is a combination of cardio and weights but I did the premix that was just the weights and total body workout. There are lots of great exercises to really challenge your muscles on this dvd. As you can see the cat was around – see his ears and little head in the bottom of the one photo?
The Cathe Cross Fire workout I did on Friday was a fun circuit workout that has cardio and weights. Lots of sweat after this 36 minute session. As you can see the cat sat in the same spot for most of the workout watching me.
The yoga workout I did today, Saturday, was the Shiva Rea Surf Yoga Soul dvd – the first dvd I ever bought of hers years ago. I did three segments of this workout – the Mandala Namaskar, Flexibility Flow and Shavasana. I love doing yoga on Saturday mornings- I think I have mentioned that before. It is a great way to begin the weekend.
Weekly Fitness Tip – Use portion control when eating holiday meals
– Use a smaller plate so you are less likely to overeat
– Remember to eat more vegetables and fruits – especially green vegetables and go easy on the potatoes, stuffing and breads
– Eat foods without gravy or heavy sauces or have a very small portion of them
– If cooking the meal yourself try using lower fat options in some recipes to cut back on the fat and calories – for example use 1 or 2 percent milk instead of whole milk
– Do not go back for second helpings
– Don’t skip dessert but make sure it is only 1 piece of pie and not 2 or 3 – also, skip the whipped cream or use a small amount
I hope everyone had a great week and that you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving next week. Also, don’t forget to get some workouts in – especially the day after Thanksgiving day – even if it is just a good long walk – keep moving and you will stay fit.
Have a great weekend!
Working Out Week 46 of 2014
November 15, 2014
The workouts I chose to do this week focused on weights and then yoga on non weight days. Workouts were as follows:
- Monday – Cathe High Reps Upper Body Premix – 39 min.
- Tuesday – off
- Wednesday – Cathe – Drill Max Total Body Mix – 52 min.
- Thursday – Shiva Rea AM Daily Energy – 28 min.
- Friday – Cathe – High Reps Lower Body Premix – 35 min.
- Saturday – Shiva Rea AM Daily Energy – 28 min.
The Cathe High Reps workout dvd is a total body workout with weights and you do a lot of reps of the same exercise but with some count variations or holding. The workout has several premixes and I did the upper body premix on Monday and the lower body premix on Friday, so I used this dvd twice this week. You definitely feel this workout the following day – excellent for muscle conditioning.
Drill Max is an older Cathe dvd and is another total body conditioning workout. It actually has cardio mixed with various drills of weights but there is a premix that is called Total Body that I used which is just the weights and no cardio. You can see my personal trainer – the cat – cheering me on while sitting on my workout step in the one photo above.
I used the same yoga dvd twice this past week – the Shiva Rea AM Daily Energy. I did different sequences on the dvd – on Thursday I did the Core Awakening and Body Mandala and had both of my cats join me for that one – they were both waiting for me on either end of the mat before I started. On Saturday I did the Vira and Shavasana sequences. I love starting my Saturday morning with a little yoga early in the morning.
I have been buying fresh cranberries in large quantities lately from Aldi since they are so inexpensive there. Anyhow. I made some cranberry sauce the other day and have enjoyed it a couple of times this past week in my morning oatmeal with a little honey. It is a great way to start the day and the oatmeal keeps me full for hours. Also, it has been quite chilly here in Texas this past week and having something warm for breakfast is important on chilly days, in my opinion.
I have been using my juicer but not quite as much this week – probably due to the colder weather. I did decide to heat up a juice I made with fresh cranberries and apples and then add some cider spices and a teaspoon of manuka honey – it was a delicious warm drink on a cold day. Also, the whole combination made me feel very healthy.
As the holiday are quickly approaching I am going to try my best to workout at least four or five days per week. I am thinking of cutting back to four for the days between Thanksgiving and Christmas just because there is so much going on between family, church, friends, baking, cooking and shopping. I have decided that I can’t do it all, all of the time. Therefore I may even skip a week of my weekly workout post if I am just too busy – I am sure everyone can relate.
Weekly Fitness Tip: Change your schedule or routine as needed
– This is a busy time of year – don’t completely quit working out but adjust your schedule to fit in at least a few workouts per week or maybe two 10 minute workouts per day – one in the morning and one in the evening
– Do circuit training or Hiit – high intensity interval training – to get the most out of your workouts in a short amount of time
– Working out will help you deal with the stress of the holidays better and keep you focused on being healthy during this time of year
– Remember to include some yoga or stretching workouts to de-stress and balance you
I hope everyone had a great week and is staying warm – winter seems to have come early in most parts of the United States this past week. Let me know what your workout plans are for the next week or for the Thanksgiving holiday week coming up.
Working Out Week 45 of 2014
November 8, 2014
The first full week of November has gone by – hard to believe it will be Thanksgiving soon. My workouts this week were cardio and yoga workouts. The workouts I did are listed below:
- Monday – Cathe Friedrich Party Rockin Step 2 – Step Mix – 46 min.
- Tuesday – off
- Wednesday – Cathe Intensity Timesaver #6 Step + Hiit Lo – 47 min.
- Thursday – Shiva Rea Yogini – Backbend sequence – 30 min.
- Friday – Cathe Party Rockin Step 2 Timesaver 1 – 33 min.
- Saturday – Shiva Rea Yogini – 19 min.
Intensity is a Cathe workout that I have had for several years but had not used in a while. I really like this dvd and there are lots of premix options so you don’t have to do the entire dvd. The workouts are fast paced and fun and as you can see even my cat likes to watch them – he sat there right on the TV stand and watched the video for at least 5 minutes. After I was done using the step and doing the stretch at the end he decided to jump on and off and try to go under the step – which was too low. I guess that was his version of the step workout.
The yoga dvd I used this week was the same for both days but different sequences. The dvd was Shiva Rea Yogini. This was another dvd I had not used in a while and was so glad I pulled it out this week. It is more of a female yoga routine and I love all the backbending sequences – I really felt this in my core on Friday.
The Party Rockin Step 2 dvd is a little over a year old and I have used in the past. I chose to do this one twice this week. This is another dvd that offers a lot of variety and different premixes so both of the mixes I did were different. Lots of sweating with this step dvd. As you can see the cat is once again photo bombing in the one picture.
I created a new oatmeal recipe for breakfast and ate it a couple of mornings this past week. The weather is cooler now – especially in the morning – and it is nice to eat a warm bowl of oatmeal. I found this Jif Whips Pumpkin Pie Spice at the store the other day and decided it would be good stirred into a bowl of plain oatmeal and I also added a teaspoon of Manuka honey for added health benefits. This was really good and I will be making more in the weeks to follow.
I am still using my juicer but not as much in the past week. I guess with the weather cooling down I am looking for warmer things to eat and drink in the morning. I have found a few juice recipes though that taste good warmed. One of my favorite recipes lately is cranberry orange juice which is pictured above. I drink this one cold, not warm. Now that cranberries are in season I have been buying them frequently and using them in my juice recipes. Cranberries are so good for you.
Weekly Fitness Tip: Eat More Fiber
– Fiber makes you feel full longer and helps you maintain a healthy weight
– Fiber is good for your digestive system and keeps you regular
– Fiber is very healthy and good for lowering your cholesterol
– Fiber controls your blood sugar levels
I hope everyone had a great week.
Working Out Week 44 of 2014
November 1, 2014
The first day of November has arrived along with much cooler temperatures here in Texas. I am glad though – I am ready for a seasonal change. It seems like the weather was cooler for a few days here and there in October but for the most part it still seemed like summer.
Workouts this week were all from my Cathe Friedrich X-train dvd set. They were as follows:
- Monday – Cathe – Hard Strikes – 46 min.
- Tuesday – off
- Wednesday – Cathe Supercuts premix 10 – 39 min.
- Thursday – Cathe – Legs – Barre, Ball and Chair and Floorwork – 48 min.
- Friday – Cathe – Tabatacise – premix 2 – 37 min.
- Saturday – Cathe – Bi’s and Tri’s – premix 6 – 32 min.
I once again changed my pace of workouts from the past week. The X-train dvd’s are all great and provide a challenging workout for your body. I also like how these dvd’s have so many premixes on them so you can do a longer or a shorter workout.
Hard Strikes is a super fun kickboxing workout that uses weighted gloves or actual boxing gloves. I don’t have any boxing gloves so I just use the weighted gloves. As you can see the cat likes this workout and is making sure I get it done.
The Supercuts workout is a total body workout using weights and the slide and glide discs. Another cat approved workout.
The Cathe Legs workout was one I had not used in a while. I chose to do the Barre (uses a chair), Chair and Ball and Floor portions of this dvd. This was certainly an excellent workout for all parts of the legs and rear. I was feeling it well into the next day. The cat loves the chair and has to sit on it whenever I have it out.
I usually do yoga on Saturdays but decided to stick with the X-train workout dvd’s and chose a heavy weight workout called Bi’s and Tri’s. As the name implies it is a bicep and tricep workout. You alternate and do a bicep exercise and then a tricep. There were a couple that used the band with the handles and also a 5 pound weight with the band – those were pretty tough. Once again my faithful workout cat is there to cheer me on.
I am so glad fresh cranberries are in the stores again. I use the above combination of apples, cranberries and a lemon to create a really tasty juice in my juicer this past week. I juiced 2 apples, one granny and one gala, 1 lemon, and about a cup of cranberries. I also tried this recipe heated and it was really good for a warm and healthy drink on a chilly morning. To make it even more healthy I stirred in a teaspoon of manuka honey that I recently bought at Trader Joes. The manuka honey has lots of health benefits and is also suppose to strengthen your immune system.
Weekly Fitness Tip: Don’t Weigh Yourself So Frequently
– Quit obsessing over how much you weigh – everyone fluctuates a little for various reasons
– Consider getting rid of the scale -mine broke years ago in moving and I never replaced it, one less things to have in the bathroom
– Measure your progress in how you feel, how your clothes fit and in measuring inches lost not a number on a scale
I hope everyone had a great final week of October and you were able to find some time to workout and create some healthy meals. Remember it is important to plan meals and stay on track especially during the holiday season – which is now here since all the stores are stocked with Christmas decorations!
Working Out Week 43 of 2014
October 25, 2014
This week I switched up my workouts and chose to do my Exhale Core Fusion dvd’s and some Shiva Rea yoga. This was also a really busy week with a lot going on so I feel like the workouts I chose to do worked well with my schedule.
- Monday – Exhale Core Fusion – Abs & Arms – 40 min,
- Tuesday – yoga in evening – 15 min.
- Wednesday – Exhale Core Fusion – Lean and Toned – 20 min.
- Thursday – Shiva Rea Surf Yoga Soul – 30 min.
- Friday – Exhale Core Fusion – Body Sculpt – 40 min.
- Saturday – Shiva Rea Surf Yoga Soul – 20 min.
Here is the cat – all ready to workout on Wednesday morning. He was scared to get on the new rug I bought in the past but he seems to be okay with it now.
I had not done the Lean and Toned dvd in a while. I really like this workout. I only had a few minutes to workout that morning but 20 minutes of this dvd was awesome! The core pretzel part that I did really worked deep into some core and glute muscles that had me feeling it well into the next day.
The yoga dvd I used this week was Shiva Rea’s Surf Yoga Soul. I think this was actually one of the first of her yoga dvd’s I ever bought. I have not used it in a while and forgot what great yoga sequences are on this program. As you can see my cat really likes her dvd, too. He didn’t even want to move off the mat at the beginning as seen in the one photo of me bending over him.
I also created a new smoothie this week. It is a “green” smoothie and I thought it had a really good flavor to it. I also felt quite energized after drinking it. Below is the smoothie and the recipe:
I am also continuing to make juices in my juicer and try to drink one or two per day. I have found that the juices or the green smoothies are a perfect mid afternoon snack that give me energy. One of my knitting friends has also now pulled out her old juicer and bought the same juicing book I bought and mentioned in my post last week – Juicing. You can read more about that book and a few of the recipes I have made from it in my Week 42 workout post.
This week I am not going to do my Fitness Tips. To be honest with you I have not prepared anything for that part of my post that I have been doing lately and I am too tired to think of something right now. We spent half the day over in Fort Worth at the Alliance Air show that my husband wanted to attend. It was nice and we saw some neat planes and planes flying and doing tricks. Today was very hot here though for October and the heat made the whole event less pleasant – and there was not a cloud in the sky today (which is good for an air show) or a speck of shade to stand in at the air field. I am glad we got to go though and spend time together as a family.
Have a great weekend!